NZB3: Kate Sutton

4/22/2006

 

Kate Sutton

Kate Sutton
Maybe I shouldn't say I've met Kat Sutton, except that I thought we were in a class together at Auckland in 2002. Seems to me she ran for student office in 2003 but then backed out of the race just before the vote. Can't say for sure, it's a very peripheral memory on account of my not giving a damn.

Had I not left New Zealand in 2004 I would not have failed to notice that this Laborite feminist became Auckland University Student Association President. That would make her one of the first Presidential unhappy inheritors of the voluntary student unionism I helped campaign for. Sorry about that, love.

But not too too sorry, because I hate people like Kate Sutton. First I like to meet them in person, then commence with the full-on hate. For now I've got a kind of provisional-dislike-but-I'll-hate-you-latter attitude going, and it's because she's one of those.

Gay? No. Feminist? No. Labourite? Nope, worse. She's a carear politician. Yuck! From the age of five these specimens gestate though the government primary, secondary and tertiary education system and then come out the other end to perpetuate that system. No life experience, no private sector trials, a bureaucrat born fully clothed into the world. Community boards, charitable trusts, wank wank wank. A tweenager with an MA in political studies from Auckland University out loose in the world.

:: Shudder ::

And that's the author of this speech, blogged on Red Confectionary, which I'll kick a few matchsticks out from under when I wake up tomorrow so we can see it all fall down. For now, time to catch some Zs.

Archives

February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006  

                                   _  _ 
                                 _/ \_|\   Rick Giles
                                /       \                 bardan@clear.net.n z
                               |         | Melbourne 2006                       \|/
                                \__'~\__/                                       -o-
                                       o  http://rick.orcon.net.nz            /|\