NZB3: April Fools Day

4/01/2006

 

April Fools Day

George is working thismorning. This makes him my prey.

I took over the shift from him yesterday and placed myself between him and the computer so that he would leave it to me to log him out and log myself in. This I did, but not before changing his desktop background image to a montage of many piles of sawdust.

George will be very perplexed by this in a few hours time. He will then open the right-hand desk draw to locate the calculator, pens, stapler and so forth. All he will find in that draw is a large pile of sawdust.

I was thinking of filling all the desk draws up with sawdust, but settled only in filling up the left-hand top draw too which has all the current paperwork in it. Sorry, HAD all the current paperwork. He'll have to go fish for that now of course.

It's a very liberal dose of sawdust too. I mean, the draws are full to the brim. No half measures here, it's that little extra attention to quality that makes the difference.

Significance of sawdust? None. But you work with what you've got.
Could I have done better? Yes, for I have great and mischievious powers of imagination! But you have to understand that George, my co-worker, is a boring old sod and to his fastidious ways this will constitute a semi-crisis beyond anything rubber chicken chaos might have wrought.

Good.

Comments:
What ended up happening? How as George affected? Did he riot? Did he cry?

Can't just leave the cliff hanger like that.
 
One of the big-wig managers came in early in the morning and freaked out (says George) and is going to call me soon (it's now the 5th) and tell me off.

George ran the security tape back and watched me in the act and has even take pictures with the digital camera of the security monitor. In fact, he took a picture of the monitor takeing a picture of me taking a picture of my handywork! So clearly he was not only amused, but fascinated.

He cleared the desk draws out himself and they're more tidy now than ever!
 
Post a Comment



 Weblog

Archives

February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006  

                                   _  _ 
                                 _/ \_|\   Rick Giles
                                /       \                 bardan@clear.net.n z
                               |         | Melbourne 2006                       \|/
                                \__'~\__/                                       -o-
                                       o  http://rick.orcon.net.nz            /|\