NZB3: What's with you people?

3/26/2006

 

What's with you people?



Philosophical appreciation is not the same as biographical appreciation. Why do people keep mixing them up?

Let me tell you right now that, philosophically, I don't really give a damn what Ayn Rand believed. Likewise, when it comes to Scientology I don't give a damn what Tom Cruise believes. What I want to know are the premises, the reasoning and the conclusions. Is it sound? Is it valad? Does it wash out harsh stains and leave my dishes squeeky-clean?

Call me crazy, but I want to go out on a radical limb here and suggest that we qua Objectivists are wasting our time studying Ayn Rand. We should be studying Objectivism instead.

Archives

February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006  

                                   _  _ 
                                 _/ \_|\   Rick Giles
                                /       \                 bardan@clear.net.n z
                               |         | Melbourne 2006                       \|/
                                \__'~\__/                                       -o-
                                       o  http://rick.orcon.net.nz            /|\