NZB3: There's no rain

3/16/2006

 

There's no rain

I retract and recant.

New Zealand does have our own special fish on the Yarra, a John Dory. I still haven't found it but I was listening to Tripple R (RRR) on the radio while I was along the bank last night. They said it was there and every country had a fish, so okay. RRR weren't being paid to be nice last night! They were taking the piss out of everything that happened and kept saying "quick, let off some more fireworks, the act is dieing!!"

And the baton did go along the river platforms, fish and all! I was sure they couldn't do that. If you look again at the picture I took [below] there is a little walkway through the guts of each platform. Those footy players had to walk in a narrow straight line though, that's for sure.

And the rain did not come! It still hasn't, although the cumulous cloud is heaping up now. I think now that it wont rain until tonight or perhaps dawn tomorrow. I was sure all hell was going to break loose and the sky would open up. What we did have was cold, it hasn't been this cold in Melbourne for ages.

Plenty of people along the banks, I watched the batton go past me on my way to work. The flags were nicely visable if you were high enough. Lots of people in the city too, not watching the action. It wasn't too badly congested though. The mood was special, but not as special as could have been hoped for.

At work we were expecting to be busy but then the council pulled the plug after pissing too many people off. Two people turned up to get their vehicles back, one was a games official and another was games security staff. Great planning ah? The people supposed to be making the games work were kept up to the early hours fighting each other yet all of us being in the right and doing the jobs the organisers wanted us to do!

Comments:
LMAO, Rick I pissed my self laughing over the games people having their cars towed!!! I choked on my damn Tuna Pie Gee maybe u should b doing their job 4 them!!!
 
Post a Comment



 Weblog

Archives

February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006  

                                   _  _ 
                                 _/ \_|\   Rick Giles
                                /       \                 bardan@clear.net.n z
                               |         | Melbourne 2006                       \|/
                                \__'~\__/                                       -o-
                                       o  http://rick.orcon.net.nz            /|\