NZB3: Around the traps

3/04/2006

 

Around the traps

Adventures in the blogosphere this week...


David Farrar at Kiwiblog has blogrolled us without us having to even ask. Most pleased.

Impressed that Gen XY got their 'Animal House' [Ed- Bachelor Party] parody displayed in parliament. Still think issue makes an unfortunate display of our concern for muckraking vs real Kiwi life/death issues. But their Benson-Pope-On-A-Rope is pretty damn funny.



Pointed out on New Zeal that Benson Pope in the girl's dorm might have been a championing refutation that the highest authority and power in our society is that of a woman's body over a man ( paper beats rock). Oswald Bastable pointed out however that a bag of wetas could have cleared the dorm room and spared Pope his troubles (scissors beat paper). But man, unlike woman, is not afraid of the weta (rock beats scissors). An entire philosophical conception of the world emerges from this which clears alot of things up I suspect.

Came out in support of 'Fred Dagg Diplomacy' on The Whig. Reckon diplomacy should be done with ideas and words, not 'conspicious consumption'. If exporters want to put the razzle dazzle on foreign markets they can do it themselves, without the taxpayer provided in-house bloody chefs.

The only podcasts I listen to anymore, Shire Network News and the Voice Booth ones were both featured exclusively in Managing Information Strategies magazine, MIS.

Not PC said "Rick, that is possibly the most intelligent thing I have ever heard you say. Take a bow." Stoaked.

Idiot/Savant chickened out on discussing global warming on No Right Turn so I told him I'd have to go for a drive around the block a few times to cheer myself up.

"Never apologise for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologise for the truth ~ Benjamin Disraeli." Saw and stole this quote from Chaos Theory so I put it on my MSN byline. Just about everybody I chat to found it apropos and copied it for themselves.

Comments:
I will blogroll you Rick - I'm really lazy at visiting blogs these days. I will make it my mission to read more people who don't piss me off ;-)
 
Let the word go forth and the fame spread accross the Chaosphere!

ie thanks
 
Post a Comment



 Weblog

Archives

February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006  

                                   _  _ 
                                 _/ \_|\   Rick Giles
                                /       \                 bardan@clear.net.n z
                               |         | Melbourne 2006                       \|/
                                \__'~\__/                                       -o-
                                       o  http://rick.orcon.net.nz            /|\