NZB3: Superhero Pays Out Vampire WoYman

2/25/2006

 

Superhero Pays Out Vampire WoYman

Over there at Capitalismbad blog I have suffered in silence long enough!

Blogger Maia has been "amazed" by what I consider a pathetic slave-mentality cult of victimhood.

In the name of "Feminism" she contemplates 'women and patriarchy,' where she asks the question "who can I blame for my oppression?" Can we sisters blame women too? Or just all the men? How about we collectivise all women as "sisters" except Jenny Shipley and people like her? Who's oppressing me? Who can I blame for my troubles?

I kindly commented that anybody with the wit to contemplate their "oppression" so intellectually and extendedly as this is surely evolved enough to refuse to be a victim and take responsibility for their own will.

Also expressed the opinion that the difference between those who do reject this blame-game exercise and those who let it consume them is the difference between maturity and pettiness.

Maia deleted my comments because she doesn't "think there's useful place in this discussion for anti-feminists (and because it was low-level abusive)". I don't think that's the only reason nor enough reason for her to flee from the challenge. However, she's right to detect my disrespect and she's right that individual responsibility has no useful place in such a doctrine.

Of course she can't answer for herself! Such vampirish second-hand self-esteem-through-victimhood is sent flying through the window by one blow from my enormous fists!

Comments:
Thanks Silent Running
 
Why does she owe you a place on her blog? why are you entitled to a response? Her house, her rules.

And are you truly trying to say that women don't get short shrift in our society?

- Tefnut
 
Post a Comment



 Weblog

Archives

February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006  

                                   _  _ 
                                 _/ \_|\   Rick Giles
                                /       \                 bardan@clear.net.n z
                               |         | Melbourne 2006                       \|/
                                \__'~\__/                                       -o-
                                       o  http://rick.orcon.net.nz            /|\